Look East Film Festival // June 23rd - 24th, Hollywood, California
The Look East Korean Film Festival (LEF) is taking place Saturday & Sunday, June 23rd - 24th, at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA, marking the first time in Grauman’s 85-year history, Korean actors Lee Byung-Hun and Ahn Sung-Ki will cast their hand and footprints in cement in front of the legendary theater. Byung-Hun, Sung-Ki and international filmmaker Pierre Rissient will all be honored at the Opening Ceremony.
Scheduled screenings include:
- 3-Iron (dir. Ki-duk Kim)
- A Bittersweet Life (dir. Jee-woon Kim) with Q&A with star Byung-hun Lee
- The Day He Arrives (dir. Sang-soo Hong)
- Flower in Hell (dir. Sang-ok Shin) – U.S. premiere
- A Hometown in Heart (dir. Yong-Kyu Yoon) – U.S. premiere
- The Host 3D (dir. Joon-ho Bong)
- Pierre Rissient: Man of Cinema – with Q&A with subject/star Pierre Rissient
- Poetry (dir. Chang-dong Lee) with Q&A with director Chang-dong Lee
- Punch (dir. Lee Han)
- Unbowed (dir. Ji-yeong Jeong) with Q&A with star and honoree Sung-ki Ahn
- Thirst with Q&A with director Chan-wook Park.
There will also be a raffle for prizes including a chance to meet Lee Byung-Hun in person and more.
For tickets and more information head to the Festival’s website, Facebook, and Twitter.